Sold on 31 March, 2022 City fringe living at its best!
An original home built in the early 1900s full of surprises, and an absolute must see for those after an inner-city vibe without compromising on style and space. This three-bedroom, two-bathroom, open plan living home that has been architecturally renovated to perfection is truly something special. And with its premium position in the heart of vibrant Footscray this is a rare find you can’t go past.
You are greeted by a period home with well-kept garden complete with original lacework, ceiling roses and doors that have been lovingly preserved. Two bedrooms welcome you with well-appointed storage in both. A Jack and Jill style bathroom/ensuite off the master is packed with storage and personality.
The hallway leads to an architectural open-plan renovation that maximises the natural light with its peaked roof and includes features of the original home in the form of bricks and floorboards incorporated as design features. The stairs lead to a mezzanine style third bedroom/study, family bathroom and clever European laundry making the most of the roof line.
The open plan area is an entertainer’s paradise with a well-appointed kitchen for budding chefs, loads of storage and room to entertain. Cosy up in winter with the cast iron French fire place or entertain in summer on the deck surrounded by beautiful garden beds, established palm and fig trees.
90 Victoria Street is a turn-key stylish home offering the best of the inner-west. Seddon and Footscray are at your doorstep, not to mention the easy 10-minute commute to the city. This location has it all… Whitten Oval, nightlife, strip shopping, café culture, fantastic schools, Victoria University and the multi-cultural spoils of surrounding restaurants. This is not just a house, but a lifestyle with so much to offer.
• Generous deep block 361 square meters – offering flexibility across two titles
• Architectural renovation
• Bricks from the original 1900s kitchen incorporated in the living room
• Floorboards from the original home used as a feature on the mezzanine level
• Bespoke light feature in the open-plan dining using wood from a Wharf in WA
• Decorative period features retained including original doors used in the renovated home
• Master with walk-in robe and Jack and Jill ensuite/bathroom
• Bedroom 2 with built-in robes
• Cleverly designed European laundry
• Second bathroom with bath and shower amenities
• 5 burner Gas cooktop, dishwasher, silent rangehood, deep double sink
• Hydronic heating throughout
• Ceiling fans in two bedrooms and open plan living
• Split system in main living area
• Acoustic protected windows
• Floorboards and modern polished cement flooring
• Wrap around entertaining deck
• Outside electrics and gas plumbing should the new owner require
• Large back gardens with established palm and fig trees
• Carparking access
• Water tank
• Secure shed
• Walking distance to transport, cafes, shopping and restaurant precincts
• One minute walk to Middle Footscray station
• Walking distance to Victoria University, Footscray Nicholson campus
• Zoned to Footscray Primary and Footscray Secondary College
• 7km from CBD with easy transport, road or bicycle access